TL;DR: You will be able to create SurfShark VPN account in a few minutes with this tutorial.
Have you ever feared that someone might be tracking you? or if someone is stealing your data and violating your online privacy? Like everything else, the internet is both beneficial and detrimental. Anyone with an internet connection and a web browser can communicate with others using the internet. One does not require verification or requires to surpass a certain age before he/she can access the internet.
As good as it sounds, there are some fatal underlying issues that come with the use of the internet. Not everyone on the internet has good intentions. Some have a malicious intention for personal gains or entertainment. With the internet developing and transforming every day, so too do the issues and benefits in the digital world.
It would be impossible for anyone to moderate the entire Internet because of its size and daily growing contents. However, there is one way to keep yourself safe and secure. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is the answer to all of your questions regarding being safe and secured on the internet. VPN allows users to surf and use the internet in a controlled environment. Virtual Private Network masks your IP (Internet Protocol) address and encrypts data flowing through your network to a public network by creating a private network shield around your existing network connection which protects the user from a malicious site. In layman’s terms, consider VPN as surfing internet on a haystack where you are a mere needle.
VPN allows you to create anonymously identities so even if someone with bad intentions is tracking your data packets and eavesdropping on your network traffic, you will still be protected under a shield of security features that a VPN offers. Each session of a VPN connection provides you with a random IP address around the globe while some even offer IP hopping better known as multi-hop VPN, which automatically changes your IP address at custom intervals to a different fastest server for the public on the internet.
On top of these benefits, VPNs can also surpass government restriction and censoring, to bypass censorship and security measures to enjoy blocked content from any region around the globe.
There are many VPN applications available online which may have left you confused about choosing the best one for yourself. If that’s the case, then we have a good recommendation for you: Surfshark VPN. Surfshark VPN is one of the trusted and most popular VPN providers in the market which offers the fastest VPN server from the competitor VPN provider. It’s an unprecedented smart feature such as zero logs history, great VPN connection speed, multiple server locations around the globe, modern and robust security protocols, and a best in its class user interface which makes Surfshark a highly recommended VPN if you are in search of one.
To learn more about surfshark VPN, read the following article where you will learn more about advanced features and details about how you should sign up and get the best out of Surfshark VPN.
What is Surfshark VPN and what are its benefits?
Surfshark VPN is a premium internet security offering from the British Virgin Island which has been offering its services since the year 2010. Surtshark offers its users unlimited device connections, best-in-class security, and internet traffic encryption which protects you and your data from the internet vigilantes. Surfshark VPN also has great reviews all across the board with users specifically mentioning easy to use, fast and secure VPN in their reviews.
Compatible with a wide range of the latest web browsers, desktop operating systems, mobile devices, and even gaming consoles, Surfshark is a no-brainer for users with multiple systems, and the fact that it offers unlimited bandwidth makes it a hassle-free VPN experience. Surfshark also offers one of the most cheapest VPN subscription plans and coupled with a 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee makes for an enticing deal for new users.
How to sign up for a free Surfshark VPN account?
Now that you’ve decided that Surfshark VPN is your VPN of choice, you need to sign up with Surfshark to get you protected over the internet. To do so, follow these step-by-step guided instructions on how to sign up for Surfshark VPN so you can surf the internet like a shark with no fear.
There are multiple ways you can sign up for SurfShark VPN, we will be looking over the process on IOS, Android, Desktop, and Web (applicable for mac OS and LINUX).
Sign Up for Surfshark through the Web
You can easily sign up for Surfshark through any modern web browser and an active internet connection. To learn how to do so, consider following the steps below.
- Step 1: First, head over to the official Surfshark website.
- Step 2: Now, focus on the top right corner of the navigation bar to find the “Get Surfshark” button in red.
- Step 3: A new screen will appear, here chose your plan for your subscription. From the first menu, select any of the given choices which fit best for you.
- Step 4: Then on the second menu, enter your email address to create your account. Enter a valid email address, to get a checkmark icon next to it.
- Step 5: Now skip to the fourth menu for your payment options. You can choose any payment option on the list.
- Step 6: After you have correctly entered your payment details, go ahead, and click on “Complete Purchase.”
- Step 7: You will receive an email confirming that you are signed up for Surfshark VPN. Enter your email address on the website to receive your login credentials.
Sign Up for Surfshark VPN account through Windows
You can also sign up for Surfshark through the official Windows application by Surfshark, all you need is a Windows device and an active internet connection to install and get started with Surfshark. To learn how to do so, follow these straightforward instructions which won’t take more than a few minutes to complete.
- Step 1: First you will need to download the Surfshark application made for Windows operating system via the official Surfshark website.
- Step 2: Then click on the “VPN” located on the navigation bar of the website then click on “Windows.”
- Step 3: Proceed to click on “Download app” to begin the download of the Surfshark installer.
- Step 4: Click on the downloaded .exe (executable file) to launch the installer.
- Step 5: Now complete the installation process by clicking on the “next” button.
- Step 6: After you have installed the Surfshark application on your Windows device, click on the “Create account” button on the bottom right corner of the application.
- Step 7: Then, choose a plan for your subscription on the first tab.
- Step 8: On the second tab, enter your email address for your account.
- Step 9: Skip over to the fourth menu for payment details. Here, choose your payment platform and enter your payment details.
- Step 10: Finally, click on the “Complete purchase” button to complete your account sign up form.
You will later receive an email from Surfshark to confirm your account and create a password key for your account.
Sign Up for Surfshark VPN account through an IOS device (iPhone and iPad)
IOS users can Sign up for Surfshark VPN through the official Surfshark application available on the AppStore. However, users cannot use credit cards and other third-party payment solutions to subscribe to the service. Only in-store credit and valid payment options connected to an Apple ID can ahead and subscribe and create a Surfshark VPN account. To learn how you can do so, follow these easy-to-learn instructions on your IOS devices.
- Step 1: First, download the official Surfshark application from the Appstore.
- Step 2: Next up, launch the application to get started. You will be greeted with two options. Tap on the “Create account” button colored in blue to continue.
- Step 3: Now, enter your email address and a strong password for your Surfshark account. These credentials will allow you to login into other devices and keep using your subscription on multiple devices.
- Step 4: After you have entered the correct credentials for your account, tap on the blue “Create account” button to proceed to the next step.
- Step 5: Now time to select a plan that fits you. Select any plan from the list and tap on “Subscribe” to proceed with payment.
- Step 6: A payment menu will pop up from the bottom of the screen. Check the amount and double click your power button on (iPhone X or newer) or verify via touch ID on (iPhone SE, iPhone 8, and lower).
- Step 7: Then, you will receive a payment success screen. Tap on “Ok” to proceed to the Surfshark application.
Now you are signed up and ready to surf the internet like a shark.
Create SurfShark VPN account from Android device
Creating an account for Surfshark on an Android device is similar to the process over on the IOS device with a few changes. Follow these quick and easy steps to learn how to sign up for Surfshark if you are using an Android device.
- Step 1: Start by downloading the official Surfshark application on your Android device.
- Step 2: You will be greeted with the “START FREE TRIAL” button at the launch of the application. Tap on the blue button to continue.
- Step 3: On the create account screen, type in a valid email address and password to link your subscription.
- Step 4: Then tap on the “NEXT” button on the top right corner of your screen.
- Step 5: Now select a plan for your subscription. Then, tap on the “START FREE TRIAL” button colored red to proceed to the payment screen.
- Step 6: The Google Play Store screen will pop up from the bottom for confirmation. Scroll to the bottom to find the “Subscribe” button colored in green.
- Step 7: For security. you are requested to enter your password. This confirms that the payment is done consciously and by the legitimate owner of the account.
- Step 8: At last, tap on the “Verify” button colored in green to complete the signup and payment process.
Now you can use Surfs hark VPN on your android device without limits.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about SurfShark VPN account
Does Surfshark automatically charge for a subscription each month?
Yes, your payment option is monthly billed if you have chosen to subscribe to Surfshark on a monthly basis. You can manually adjust your payment auto-renewal dates through your payment platform bank institutions or mobile subscription facilitator i.e., Appstore and Google Play to change when you get charged. If you are still having trouble. we recommend you to submit a request to Surfshark available here. Consider using the same email address of your Surfshark account while submitting the request and clearly explain your issue in the description box.
Can I use Surfshark to bypass geographical restrictions on entertainment and gaming applications?
Surfshark is a great tool if you want to experience worldwide content without even leaving your home. You can simply choose a country of your liking and Surfshark will avail you of the security and content of the country you want to consume.
What’s the difference between Surfshark’s free trial and Surfshark’s paid subscription?
There is no difference in features provided on a free trial or a paid subscription to Surfshark. The only difference is free trial users get a limited amount of subscription days free of charge. After the free trial period ends, the free trial users are automatically charged for their subscription unless they cancel at the end of the free trial period.
Is it possible to change the payment method on Surfshark?
Yes, Surfshark does allow its users to change the method of payment from their official website. You can find the payment menu under Accounts settings > Payment Settings > Update payment method. This will allow you to add new payment details for your next Surfshark subscription payment.
Can I use Surfshark for free?
Unfortunately, Surfshark does not offer a free plan for its users as of now. However, there is an ongoing deal while subscribing to Surfshark for a year. Which gives you a whopping 81% saving than what the subscription regularly costs. However, if you cancel your subscription before your trial period ends, there will not be any charge so technically that is free.
Can I share my SurfShark VPN account with family and friends?
SurfShark VPN allows unlimited devices to log in with your subscription. Unless you are not abusing your account, there will not be any problem sharing the SurfShark VPN or using the SurfShark VPN account of your friends and family.
I used SurfShark VPN but I want to cancel my subscription and delete my SurfShark account. How can I do that?
You can easily cancel your SurfShark VPN account and even delete your Surshark account. For more details see our step-by-step guides on how to delete your SurfShark VPN account permanently.