Are you tired of Remitly account? Do you want to delete it? Well, you don’t have to worry about it anymore! We are here to guide you with this article. Continue to read till the end to know how to delete the Remitly account.
Remitly is a digital remittance service aimed to make faster, affordable, and more transparent money transfer that operates in the United States, Canada, and the UK. It is a digital service without any physical locations, helps to keep their costs low and pass those savings on to you. Remitly’s technology allowed people in 17 countries to carry out transfers of money in approximately 75 currencies to 115 different countries. The service simplifies international money transfers by allowing its users to send money electronically rather than from a physical location. Moreover, customers also do not have to fill out forms typically required to submit remittance payments.
However, you may be fed up and want to delete Remitly account at some point. It can be due to several reasons for instance, to avoid spam emails, to avoid security breaches, or you may have bad experience, or simply you may do not want to keep your Remilty account anymore. So, if you’re in such kind of situation, follow the methods to delete the Remitly account quickly and safely.
How to Delete the Remitly Account?
Remitly does not provide direct way to delete your account. Although, you can easily remove your account without any worry. There is two methods to delete your account either by requesting them to delete the Remitly account and your data via email or contacting Remitly Customer live support.
- Open your email account associated with your Remitly account.
- Compose a new email and enter the receiver’s address as [email protected].
- Type Request to Delete My Account in the Subject section.
- Now, write an email requesting Remitly to delete your account from their servers and remove all your information.
- Finally, hit Send.
Through Remitly Live Customer Service
- Visit Remitly Live Customer Support.
- Navigate to the tap to Chat with Us section.
- A pop-up chat section will open on the bottom left section of your browser.
- Type the information required to start the chat. It may include your first name, last name, and email address.
- Click the Start Chatting button.
- You may have to wait for a few minutes for a customer support agent to connect and notify him/her that you want to delete your Remitly account.
Note: These two methods can help you to delete Remitly account. You can also talk with Remitly customer service through phone as they’re available 24/7 if you need any help. If you’re from US, call them at (844) 640-0924 and if not call then at 1 844-604-0924. If you’d like to reactivate your Remitly account, contact Remitly Customer Support.
How to Delete Recipient from Remitly?
If you want to delete Recipient from your Remitly account, follow these methods.
Through Remitly App
- Open your Remitly app and log in.
- Tap on Recipients from the bottom.
- Select the name of the recipient you want to delete.
- Tap the Edit link.
- Now, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on Delete.
- Confirm you want to delete this recipient.
- Go to Remilty website and sign in to your account.
- Select Settings.
- Then, tap on Recipients.
- Select Edit next to the recipient you’d like to remove.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Delete.
- Confirm that you’d like to Delete this recipient from your list.
Cancel Your Transfer?
Do you wish to cancel your transfer? If yes, you can cancel it as long as recipient hasn’t received the money. You’ll be refunded as soon as you cancel the transfer. Further, you can also update or change your transfer if you need to update your recipient’s information or other details.
Cancel through Remitly app
- Open your Remitly app and sign in.
- Select transfer you’d like to cancel from the list on your Home.
- Then, scroll down to bottom of the transfer details and select Cancel Transfer.
- Choose Yes, for confirmation.
- Now, select a reason for your cancelation, then choose Submit.
Cancel through Website
- Go to the Remitly website and sign in to your profile.
- Select Transfer history from the top menu.
- Then, choose the transfer you’d like to cancel and select View receipt.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and select Cancel your transfer.
- Now, choose Cancel Transfer.
- Select a reason for your cancelation, then choose Submit.
Therefore, you should rely to above two methods to delete the Remitly account. We hope this article has helped you till the end.