Surfshark is one of the popular virtual private network service providers loved by thousands of people worldwide. It is an award-winning VPN that hides or encrypts your online data and helps you to stay private and protected. Not only VPN, but Surfshark is also a data leak detection system and a private search tool, which safeguards against data breaches. Users can hide their device location and change it to another location with the help of GPS-Spoofing. Surfshark has a Kill switch, a double VPN feature, i.e., MultiHop, and a split-tunneling feature. Moreover, users can use the CleanWeb feature to block ads and malware.
See our detailed guide on how to create a 7-days free-trial SurfShark VPN account.
However, if you’re planning to delete the Surfshark account, then continue to read till the end.
Why delete the Surfshark VPN account?
If you’ve too many digital accounts, it can raise your data to be stolen and misused. Someone might expose your data online. Data breaches are the main problem nowadays and having many digital accounts can risk your information being used by attackers. In addition, Surfshark says that they do not store data. Besides this, if you use Surfshark Alert, no monitored data is stored on their platform, but you may have saved data for consistent monitoring. This saved data can be a threat. Also, you are not sure if they store data or not. So, it is better if you delete your Surfshark account.
How to delete the Surfshark account?
You can delete the Surfshark accounts by requesting them through email. Follow these steps to delete your account. The support team will contact you after receiving the email and your account will be deleted after some time.
- Log into your email account associated with Surfshark.
- Compose an email and enter [email protected] as the address.
- Type Request to Delete My account on the subject section.
4. Write a mail requesting the support team to delete your account permanently and wipe out your data from their database.
Note: You can also chat with the support team regarding your account deletion. There you can send a chat requesting them to delete your account.
How to Cancel Surfshark VPN Subscription
You can not cancel a subscription directly from your account settings. So, you’ve to go to the official site of Surfshark. If you delete your account without checking its subscription, then you will not get any refund. Because the account deletion does not have any impact on subscription payments and it can be only canceled on your request to [email protected] That’s why first cancel your subscription or you can request a refund too.
- Go to the website of Surfshark.
- Click on Support appears at the bottom of the page.
- A chat box will appear. Give necessary information and type on Start chat.
- Ask them for the cancellation of your subscription and for a refund.
- They will approve your request after asking you the reason and give an estimated time for a refund.
You can also contact [email protected] and write an email requesting the subscription cancellation and refund.
Note: If you want to get a refund, contact them within 30 days of the subscription. After 30 days, a refund will not be given and you can only cancel the subscription.
Cancel SurfShark VPN subscription from Android
If you’ve purchased a subscription from Goggle Play Store follow these simple steps to cancel your Surfshark VPN subscription.
- Open Goggle Play Store.
- Sign in to your Goggle account and tap on My Subscriptions.
- Select Surfshark subscription from the list.
- Now, tap on Manage and click on Cancel Subscription.
Cancel SurfShark VPN subscription from iOS
If you’ve purchased a subscription from iTunes or App Store follow these simple steps to cancel your Surfshark VPN subscription.
- Go to the Setting menu.
- Tap on your name and click on Subscription.
- Select Surfshark subscription.
- Click on Cancel Subscription.
Note: Your subscription will be canceled after that. You won’t have to pay for the subscription in the future.
With the help of the above methods, you can easily delete the Surfshark account. Thus, we hope this article was helpful to you.