Amazon Prime is a paid subscription service through which you can enjoy a wide range of benefits in delivery, streaming, deals, and many more. Right of the bat, it’s a compelling deal as Amazon Prime costs $199 per year or $12.99 per month for how much it offers. The deal gets even better for college students with a valid .edu email as they can relish the Prime Student plan at just $6.49 per month or $59 per year, including all the benefits of Amazon Prime.
There are currently 150 million Prime members worldwide, and you may also join their company after knowing the detailed information about the benefits of being a Prime member.
What do you get with Amazon Prime?
Even though the plan’s pricing is not that cheap, it includes loads of benefits that define the price tag as below.
- Free Two-Day Shipping: If you live in the continental United States, eligible items delivered to your doorstep within two days.
- Free Same-Day Delivery: Eligible items get delivered on the same day of your order if you live in selected areas. Check if your zip code is eligible.
- Prime Now: It lets you enjoy a fast, free 2-hour delivery service on thousands of products in eligible places. Check if you live in an eligible place.
- FREE Release-Date Delivery: Receive your eligible pre-ordered products on their release date within the contiguous U.S.
- FREE No-Rush Shipping: If you don’t want your item delivered straight away, choose No-Rush Shipping and earn rewards, which can be used for other purchases.
- Amazon Day: Select a weekly delivery day for the items you purchased during the week.
- Free Amazon Prime Video: This is the biggest perk for Amazon Prime Members. Both trial and paid members can enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows in the U.S and Puerto Rico.
- Prime Music: Listen to more than two million songs with no boundaries and access hundreds of Prime Playlists without any ads in the continental U.S.
- Twitch Prime: Prime Members receive exclusive promotions on the eligible pre-order games. Twitch.tv users also get a free Twitch channel subscription each month and exclusive access to free games.
- Whole Foods Market: Prime Members can relish exclusive savings on Whole Foods Market alongside the 2-hour fast delivery in selected cities.
- Amazon Fresh: Prime members living in chosen places can enjoy the fast and free grocery delivery service in a wide variety of groceries such as meat, snacks, seafood, and other household essentials.
- Prime Wardrobe: Enjoy the seven day trial for eligible items, including clothes, shoes, and accessories before buying.
- Prime Pantry: In selected areas, you can get an exclusive free delivery service on Prime Pantry orders costing $35 or more.
- Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Family: You get up to 20% off diapers, baby food, and more through Subscribe & Save. You can also get 15% off on eligible products by registering your baby.
- Prime Early Access: Prime members get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals.
- Prime Reading: Prime Members can rent books, magazines, and others from the Prime Reading catalog and enjoy them on Kindle e-reader, Fire tablet, or the Kindle app on Android and iOS.
- Amazon First Reads: Get early access for Prime members in the U.S to download a new book for every month from the Amazon First Reads picks.
- Amazon Photos: Prime members have access to unlimited photo storage and improved search and management features in Amazon Drive for you and your Family Vault.
- Membership Sharing: Two adults living in the same home can create an Amazon Household to share some Amazon Prime perks.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is an annual shopping event solely for Prime Members. During the event, Prime Members get lots of great deals on various items. In 2019, Amazon Prime Day lasted for 36 hours, and this year (2020), the event will be open for 48 hours. Prime Day usually starts in mid-July. However, the dates for 2020 haven’t been released yet by Amazon.com.
Amazon Prime service is an excellent choice if you do regular shopping on Amazon as you get early access to deals, free delivery, discounts, and more. On top of that, you also get access to Amazon Prime Video, one of the biggest streaming services and Kindle alongside. If you are not into frequently spending money on Amazon and already subscribed to other streaming services like Netflix and e-book service, you can look away.