There is no doubt that Twitter provides a lot of information, from news to funny memes. It can be addictive and overwhelming. Twitter is a fun medium for interacting with your followers, and it is available on both Android and iOS platforms. If you want to take a short break from the Twitter world or permanently delete your account, then here’s a guide on how to delete a Twitter account and tweet.
How to delete Twitter tweets?
You can delete any of your tweets from your account at any time. Note that you can only delete tweets that you’ve posted, not tweets of other accounts. When you delete your tweet, it is removed from your Twitter account permanently, and the retweets of deleted tweets are also removed. If other people retweeted your tweets, then their tweets will not be removed.
Follow these simple steps to delete your Twitter tweets:
- In your profile, select the tweet you want to delete.
- Click the three-dot icon and click delete the tweet, and confirm it by again tapping Delete.
How to delete a Twitter account?
Are you tired of Twitter? To permanently delete your Twitter account, you first of all need to deactivate your account. Once you have deactivated your account, your username and your profile will no longer be visible in the app. Within 30 days, you can reactivate your Twitter account at any time. But after 30 days, your Twitter account is permanently deleted, and you cannot reactivate your account.
Follow these steps to deactivate your Twitter account on the desktop:
- Log in to your Twitter account in the web browser.
- Click on your profile icon in the top-right corner and then select “Settings and Privacy.”
- In the “Account” section, scroll down and click on Deactivate your Account.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Deactivate” button.
- To confirm your request, enter your password and click the “Deactivate Account” button.
You can also delete your Twitter account from the application. Follow these steps to deactivate our account on the application:
- Open the Twitter application on your device, tap on your profile in the top left corner. Then, select “Settings and Privacy.”
2. Click on the “Account” tab.
3. Scroll down in the Account section and select “Deactivate your Account.”
4. Scroll to the bottom and click “Deactivate.”
5. To confirm your request, enter your password and click the “Deactivate Account” button.
These steps help you to deactivate your Twitter account. If you want to reactivate your account, log in to your account credentials within 30 days of the deactivation request. Or else, your account is permanently deleted after 30 days of deactivation request.